This role is considered the core function of the Internal Marketing Agency Creative Project Analyst job family. The associate would work with little supervision.
The Sr. Creative Project Lead executes internal client requests ensuring on-target, on time, on budget, on-brand delivery of marketing collateral. The role must exhibit outstanding project management and client communication skills in achieving the highest possible standards in client service. They need basic knowledge of the clients’ businesses and challenges to provide communications solutions and project management execution. The role participates in creative development meetings, ensuring final output is on mark. In addition, the role will provide project management follow-through and timely delivery.
40% 1.Manages complex Internal Marketing Agency projects/campaigns from creative discovery to execution, and provides time/cost estimates. Provides project management and ensures alignment with overall enterprise marketing objectives.
- Develops, manages and leads medium and large-scale, cross-department Internal Marketing Agency marketing projects from creative discovery to execution.
- Partners with internal business partners and the Internal Marketing Agency creative team to build project plans, prioritize projects and coordinate resources within workflow management system software (Workfront).
- Identifies, initiates and monitors project deliverables including milestones, roles/responsibilities, timelines and required tasks. Balances considerations of scope, quality, time and cost.
- Helps internal and external stakeholders understand the impact of the project to broader projects and business areas.
- Ensures execution of the project communication plan, including reporting progress to the project owner, management, business partners, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Drives projects to completion, prepares summaries and ensures project closure activities are completed.
- Identifies and implements improvement opportunities as appropriate.
- Supervises project review by completing project summaries to review project results, metrics and plan for future improvements to the Internal Marketing Agency process.
- Provides cost estimates for creation of marketing deliverables. Compares and reports estimate against final cost.
30% 2. Provides creative strategy, oversight and consistency.
- Writes creative briefs on complex projects and interprets them for creative teams in order to lead communication strategies and implement marketing efforts.
- Assembles the creative project team (design, copywriting, multimedia) to lead the creative strategy.
- Aligns and assembles members of the Digital team (social media, Securian.com, digital advertising) and the Brand/Communications team (content strategy, Public Relations, events) for cross-department needs.
- Collaborates on creative development and direction with client and creative teams and provides feedback during internal creative reviews.
- Presents concepts to clients, obtains feedback and confirms the project team addresses the feedback appropriately.
- Reviews client change requests and responds with schedule/cost impacts along with alternatives.
- Leads discovery sessions with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business and functional creative requirements. Understands current state and objectives, ensures ongoing alignment with the marketing strategy and translates these needs to creative output within Internal Marketing Agency.
- Provides creative and quality control oversight. Appropriately escalates issues to the project team.
- Ensures consistency of creative imagery, content and brand across all Marketing materials.
- Provides final sign-off on projects to ensure compliance with creative brief and project specifications.
- Leverages knowledge and understanding of graphic design, multimedia, creative and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams.
- Ensure promotional and marketing efforts are completed on time and in adherence to the brand standards when the Internal Marketing Agency partners with external marketing agencies
- Ensures adherence to all relevant regulatory, legal, compliance and branding guidelines.
25% 3. Plays a relationship management role and acts as the single point of contact to develop, create and implement projects and marketing initiatives campaigns.
- Plays an Account Management role, developing and maintaining solid client relationships while encouraging a collaborative approach with departmental team members.
- Builds strong relationships with channel marketing, law/compliance, business lines, sales, digital strategy, technology and other corporate partners. Demonstrates diplomacy, manages expectations and maintains a strong focus on the marketing business partner of a project, representing their needs and concerns when appropriate.
- Manages expectations with clients and departmental teams and leads checkpoint meetings to review issues, business requirements and action items.
- Establishes and provides periodic status reports to creative team, Marketing representatives, business owner and management on project progress. This may include project risks and issues, forecasts vs. budget, and future tasks.
5% 4. Performs related activities as directed; manages personal self-development to prepare fornew responsibilities and challenges in a changing environment.
- Identifies and participates in training or other opportunities to learn about and share applicable best practices and tools.
- Ad agency project management experience, preferably including print, direct marketing campaigns, online, promotions, TV and radio.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, both through idea generation and assessment of ideas generated by others
- Project management skills to manage large, complex, and/or strategic business projects to successful outcomes within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and independent with solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to identify and assess potential solutions to business requirements and prepare cost-benefit analyses.
- Creative background and skills to lead teams to generate effective, engaging marketing materials.
- Communication skills to effectively interact with management and associates across all areas of the organization. Written communication skills to clearly and concisely document business requirements, test plans and results.
- Ability to adapt to changing project priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced service environment, where speed-to-market is often critical.
- Successful track record of client service in a marketing or creative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in marketing, communications, advertising or business.
- Three to five years of professional level experience in a project management role either in an external or internal agency.
- Account Management experience (internal or external Marketing agency).
- Workfront experience (project and workflow management software).
- Financial services industry knowledge and broad understanding of Securian products, markets and operations.
- Proven portfolio and program management skills to manage large, complex and/or strategic business projects to successful outcomes within tight deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time