How will this role have an impact?
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Network Success, the Project Manager will serve in a supportive function to manage and implement special projects for the Network Success team's strategic initiatives. The Manager will also support ongoing administrative infrastructure for the group.
Responsibilities will include managing day-to-day operations of the Network Success team, as well as using project management tools, strategies, and best practices to facilitate the progression of the team's priorities and maintain the Network Success infrastructure. Working internally across Signify Health, this team member will coordinate with other members of the Network Success team as well as members within the Operations organization to manage day-to-day operations, communications, and project implementations.
What will you do?
- Create and update standardized templates, agendas, dashboards, deployment frameworks, reports, presentations, and other tools to support and organize key elements of program management infrastructure for Network Success
- Formalize internal processes and facilitate standardization through project management, process mapping, and gap identification with internal stakeholders
- Manage completion and operationalization of projects that support Network Success and corporate goals through tactical project management in rolling out operations-related initiatives, tracking to timelines and providing clear and thorough verbal and written communications to stakeholders
- Create and package final project deliverables based on the audience and/or end user; ensure that materials are developed to be informative, actionable, and useable for the intended audience
- Drive alignment across the team by maintaining and updating critical information related to team intervention capacity, productivity, and outcomes, with the goal of improving quality, efficiency, standardization, and transparency
- Identify areas and opportunities for thought leadership, and develop concepts and ideas into useable frameworks for the team
- Troubleshoot operational issues and problem solve independently and efficiently, managing and escalating risks to leadership
- Support team initiatives through thought leadership and project management
- Under supervision of the Vice President, conduct ad-hoc analyses related to intervention success and other KPIs, and translate data into a consumable format
- Support communications with cross-functional stakeholders across departments (i.e. Product, Recruiting, Education and Training, Client Success, Technology)
- Manage multiple projects / initiatives at the same time
- Respond to inquiries from Client Success, Product, Provider Services, Recruiters, and other team members in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree; healthcare field preferred; 3-5 years of work experience; project management experience required
- Highly collaborative and communicative team player with experience working in fast-paced, multi-functional team environments
- Track record of successful project management, time management, and organizational skills for multifaceted complex projects, highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to convey information in an accessible, concise, and clear manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, while staying organized and prioritizing work according to Network Success strategy and goals
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision, with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- High energy level; comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Approaches challenges with a sense of urgency, ability to work well under pressure and take direction
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals' clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we're able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify's intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
To learn more about how we're driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.
Diversity and Inclusion are core values at Signify Health, and fostering a workplace culture reflective of that is critical to our continued success as an organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.