Merakey is currently seeking a Full Time Registered Nurse to join our ACT Team within the Behavioral Health division in Harrisburg, PA
This position is full time
4 days/week 8-4:30pm 1 day / week 11:30pm-8pm (There will be a rotating weekend and on call requirement as well )
Rate is $31.42/hour
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Nurse works as part of a team and shares in the responsibility of carrying out rehabilitation and support functions and assisting in treatment, Co-Occurring services, education, support and consultation to families and crisis intervention services under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees. The Nurse is responsible for the primary over sight of treatment for consumers.
Nurse Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist consumers in identifying and accessing medical needs through regular assessment, and coordinating and assessing necessary medical services.
- Demonstrate a Rehabilitation/Recovery value system toward service delivery by providing consumer-driven strength based approach to medical services, case management and crisis services.
- Coordinate service delivery by other team members in relation to medical services.
- Coordinate service delivery, both internal and external, in relation to medical services.
- Complete initial nursing evaluations, including medical history summary, and yearly updates on each consumer.
- Provide medication monitoring, education, and recording as needed.
- Work closely with psychiatrist(s) to follow through with MD orders.
- Assess consumers for symptoms and side effects of medication and provide education, management, and documentation as needed.
- Educate and train staff, family members, and community providers in relation to all areas of medical treatment and its relationship to psychiatric treatment.
- Maintain Pharmaceutical supplies, and other treatment supplies as required for assessment and treatment.
- Participate in service plan meetings, treatment meetings with other providers, and team clinics, as indicated by team leader. Follow through with clinical decisions as determined utilizing a team approach to problem solving.
- Assist consumers in obtaining and maintaining basic living needs and skills related to housing, food, psychiatric and medical care, transportation, socialization, education, and employment in a manner that is clinically appropriate.
- Perform On-Call responsibilities
- Fulfill unit requirements
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and complete all other duties as assigned.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Apply today at http://www.merakey.org/careers
Job # 57516
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- This position requires a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of one (1) year current nursing experience is preferred.
- A current Pennsylvania Registered Nursing License and a genuine interest in working with individuals with physical, behavioral, and developmental disabilities.
- In addition, a current and valid Pennsylvania driver's license and reliable transportation is required depending
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled