Is cleaning your passion, do you have a great eye for detail? We provide a friendly, professional place to work and have fun, with opportunities for advancement and career growth. This can be a quick 5 to 6 hour shift a couple days a week, or 40 hours a week - either way, a block from one of Maine's most beautiful beaches! Come clean for a few hours in the morning, then catch some rays (or waves!) in the afternoon. A strong company culture inspires staff to achieve the highest service standards in hospitality.
Location: Higgins Beach Inn, Scarborough, ME
Hours: Part-time and full-time available
Compensation: $18 to $22 per hour
Seasonal Position: Now through October
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: No experience necessary
Members of our Housekeeping Team work together to guarantee our guests clean spaces which will exceed their expectations. Working alone or with a partner, each Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways, activity areas, and public spaces on the property. Major responsibilities include servicing accommodations according to property procedures, stocking housekeeping carts, replacing bed linens and supplying guest room amenities. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
- Using provided supplies, clean and maintain guest rooms and public spaces. This includes, but is not limited to making beds, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, supplying amenities, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, washing windows, replacing light bulbs, folding linens, as well as removing dirty linens, towels, garbage and recycling, all with attention to detail and to the standards set by property management.
- Must work with a variety of cleaning chemicals, following appropriate directions and in accordance with OSHA and State of Maine regulations.
- Must be able to push cleaning cart with supplies and equipment on both inside and outside surfaces. Work with colleagues to keep storage areas cleaned and supplied.
- Greet guests warmly and politely, using discretion to avoid disturbing guests in rooms or public spaces. Understand how everything operates in guest rooms (climate control, fireplaces, fans, lighting, etc) and be able to explain operation to our guests.
- Responsible for security of any room or supply closet keys, as well as for respecting the personal property and privacy of guests while working in guest rooms.
- Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
- Work with other members of the Housekeeping Team to ensure that guest’s need are continually met. Make front desk staff aware of any special needs so that notes can be made for future visits.
- Handle and communicate guest requests, special needs, guest room or public space maintenance issues and guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and how to handle unsanitary linens, bodily fluids, etc. Be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces, move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Frequent stair climbing.
- Working in extreme temperatures and conditions both indoors and out.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split-shifts.
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, exposure to unsanitary materials, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
WHY WORK AT MIGIS HOTEL GROUP
Our employees comprise the core asset of our company. We don’t just say that we offer room for growth and a supportive environment – we live it. Many members of our leadership and management team started in entry level positions and moved on to training the next generation. To support the well-being of our team and their families, we offer meaningful company-sponsored benefits to eligible employees and perks such as discounts at our properties and recreational staff days.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location