MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges. Amazon, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, SAP, and other leading businesses are all part of the MapR ecosystem. For more information, visit www.mapr.com.
MapR is looking for seasoned and passionate software engineer in test to
lead in deliver industries most innovative and big data platform. We're
looking for candidates who enjoy not just working in an agile environment,
but also learning and sharing collaboratively with engineers. Hands-on
experience with Linux/Unix as well as strong fundamentals in an
object-oriented programming language is a MUST. Candidates must have a
proven record of working effectively on different concurrent projects and
the ability to communicate with various stakeholders cross-functionally.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for identifying most
effective way to identify, code and execute test plans for different
innovative features being built at MapR. They are expected to be
self-motivated and obsessed with improving product quality through rigorous
testing of MapR's product suite on different benchmarks.
- Ownership of the performance/scalability test planning, script and
framework development, execution and analysis on large distributed systems
- Contribute to the QA automation effort in both test cases automation and
automation framework development/enhancement for performance benchmarking
- Explore and innovate solutions that help in identifying software
anomalies/issues, while gaining a deeper understanding of a product's
- Identify the exhaustive test plan to cover the testing, execute the test
plans and add test code to automation
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve
performance and scalability issues
- Prepare and present performance benchmark best practices, test results
and analysis to Engineering and MapR field team
- Deliver consistently in a fast-paced environment, giving attention to
detail even under high-pressure situations
- Key Qualification*
- 4+ years of hands experience writing test code in Java and scripting
- 4+ years of experience with Unix/Linux OS, deep understanding of system software
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Performance testing, benchmark best
- Prior technical hands on experience building test automation, benchmark
definition, framework design, and implementation
- Excellent understanding of programming and prior coding experience using
Java or C/C++ or Python. Knowledge of databases and SQL is a plus.
- Excellent communications, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- BS degree in EE, Computer Engineering or CS is required, graduate degree