New Horizons Baking Company has been in operation since 1967. We produce ready to eat hamburger buns and English muffins for some of the most iconic brands. We currently serve over 2,000 quick service restaurants across Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan and Western Pennsylvania as well as national retail and sandwich makers!
We cultivate and embrace a diverse team member population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our culture.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced, team orientated environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference!
Compensation & Benefits:
$19.80 per hour starting pay, paid weekly
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, company paid Dental and Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 401K with match, and paid Vacation. Additional benefits include:
- Employee appreciation lunches and events
- Referral Bonuses
- Attendance Incentives
- Opportunities for development and job advancement
Responsible for maintaining proper mixing of dough recipes for finished products.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Responsible for maintaining proper mixing times and temperatures. Responsible for following all recipes and recording ingredient amount exceptions. Ensure proper missing times and temperatures. Reference standards for proper weights, speeds, settings, etc. Responsible for recording ingredient lot numbers and maintaining traceability of doughs and ingredients. Must maintain level of ingredients within minor system. Responsible for ensuring all exceptions are maintained. Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in work area and adjoining areas. Responsible for maintaining good safety practices at all time.
Specific Responsibilities Relating to Food Safety, Legality and Quality
- Ensure that dough temperatures are maintained.
- Ensure that all lot numbers are recorded and are accurate
- Ensure dough characteristics are within in specification to produce quality product
- Properly reads, comprehends and completes required forms
- Reports and takes necessary action to prevent food safety, legality and quality problems from occurring.
- Follows and enforces programs and procedures outlined in the Food Safety and Quality Manual to support compliance with the GFSI Standard and other third party audit
The ability to lift 50 pounds from ground level to chest. Able to stand for 8 hours a day. Able to communicate with other employees. Able to follow written and verbal instructions in a timely manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and as assigned by supervision.