Job Posting - Entry Level Architect (0-3 years of experience)
HYL seeks an Entry-level Architect to join its award-winning design studio in Washington, DC.
We are an energetic, fresh-thinking practice, specializing in the design of dynamic and effective workplaces. Our mission is to deliver the highest quality design to our clients, who represent a wide range of business sectors and geographic locations. Our collaborative work environment provides opportunity for interaction, learning and growth in all aspects of architectural practice.
Successful candidates will have strong portfolios, excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members, and an enthusiasm for design excellence and learning.
Performs work on defined segments of a project under supervision of Senior Staff. Responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the general preparation of design and construction deliverables from programming and design presentations through construction administration.
- Prepares client presentation materials, including Revit modeling, rendering and Photoshop illustrations, and compiled design packages.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Assists in the documentation of meetings and client decisions.
- Participates as a collaborative team member working with senior staff.
- Demonstrates an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the HYL team culture.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- 0-3 years of experience
- Actively pursuing or planning to pursue architectural licensure
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Revit proficiency preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Motivated team members who demonstrate commitment to the firm’s vision and goals in innovative and thoughtful design, high quality deliverables, time management, collaborative spirit and client service will have opportunities for progressively increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm.
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Travel may be required, Overtime may be required
Please submit a concise digital portfolio or include a link to your online portfolio along with a cover letter and resume.
HYL is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants who are able to perform the job responsibilities of the position with reasonable accommodations will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability or national origin as required by applicable law.
For consideration, please submit electronically a concise cover letter and resume and a PDF or weblink to relevant work samples. Please do not exceed 8 mb for attachments.