Lockheed Martin RMS - Owego is looking for an Integration and Test Systems Engineer to work on multiple platform system programs. The ideal candidate has Systems Engineering Integration and Test experience as well as familiarity with the Time Phased Engineering Standard Process. This candidate would be involved with hands on I&T activities across multiple platforms. The candidate will be responsible for requirements traceability, procedural work including updates and informal al test execution, interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
The work includes responsibilities in testing at both a SSS and SRS level, some systems engineering experience is preferred. Hardware Integration test experience also preferred. The selected individual will work as part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems integration activities for military aircraft platforms. Areas of engagement include items such as datalinks, Ethernet Networking, Communication systems, video encoding, 1553 interfaces, radar, digital stores management system, scripting and debugging, troubleshooting and working closely with the software development team.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
- Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline with GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; able to work effectively in a team environment
- Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs.
- Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553, and/or familiarity and experience with any of the following systems: stores management, electronic warfare, EO/IR sensors, radar, acoustics, data links, military communications, or man-machine interface/human factors.
- Experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products and integrating complex systems including sensors and communication systems.
- Familiarity with test tools such as Bus analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Ethernet Sniffers, Multi-meters, Hand held tools, Time Domain Reflectometers, Signal Analyzers, Simulation tools, and specialized avionics test sets
- Familiarity with process tools such as DOORS, SAP, Web Inspect, and JIRA
- Familiarity or experience with Agile development process.
- Familiarity with Lockheed Martin systems development life-cycle and the Lockheed Martin processes, systems engineer and integration and test.
- Systems Engineering Qualification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.