Introduction / About the Company
Dayton Street Partners is a private equity commercial real estate company focused on the acquisition and development of infill industrial properties throughout the United States.
Dayton Street Partners is seeking a Controller who will be primarily responsible for all accounting functions for the company.
· Maintains the company’s system of accounts (GL, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, 3rd party payroll) and prepares annual budgets.
· Keeps the books and records of the numerous entities involved in our development activities including cash flow management, full cycle accounting, recording acquisitions & sales, tenant CAM reconciliations, and assists with budgeting.
· Accountable for external monthly financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
· Generate monthly rent and CAM invoices.
· Prepare monthly variance reports.
· Maintains investors’ capital accounts including calculating preferred returns, NOI splits, waterfall distributions.
· Ensures that all accounting activities and functions are met within set time frames including developing and maintaining master reporting calendar.
· Complete special projects as requested
· Responsible for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
· Interfaces with external auditors for reviews and audits.
· Interfaces with our tax accountants for planning and compliance with all federal and state tax regulations.
- 5 to 10 years experience in real estate accounting/finance.
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- GAAP knowledge a must.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well independently.
- Experience with Rent Manager a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $77,156.00 - $145,874.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Real Estate: 5 years (Required)
- Accountant / Controller: 5 years (Required)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19