JOB TITLE : Human Resources Administrator
STATUS : Hourly/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO : Human Resources Director
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION : ATA Engineering is an employee owned, engineering, consulting company seeking an organized and motivated individual to fill our entry-level, HR Generalist role. The position will assist with the administration of various HR functions including: recruitment, performance management, HRIS, benefits, safety programs, government reporting, training, event planning, along with various policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will act as a point of contact for all company offices and personnel requiring assistance with the administration or clarification of HR systems, benefits, or policies with a key focus on creating and maintaining positive employee morale, education, and participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cross-train with the Human Resources Director to gain familiarity with various HR functions, policies, and tasks effecting employees and business operations.
- Play a role in attracting and retaining top industry talent by conducting meaningful recruitment outreach and creating candidate and employee networking opportunities.
- Participate in resume review, interview scheduling, and onboarding.
- Participate in the organization and roll out of the performance evaluation process.
- Maintain the company’s HRIS and related systems.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of all company benefit offers and appropriate channels for issue resolution.
- Plan and organize company social events, collect data and RSVPs, and serve as the on-site point of contact on the day or evening of the event.
- Collaborate with the HR Director to measure, track, and report results of HR efforts, employee participation, and feedback for improvement.
- Actively promote initiatives relating to corporate social responsibility and employee ownership.
- Gradually assume responsibility for the day to day communication and consistent administration of HR policies and procedures as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Obtain feedback from employees and management aimed at improving the support of the HR function.
- Assist with the training of employees as needed for compliance, system upgrades, and new policies.
- Become an office safety ambassador and maintain the company’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Assist with additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and uphold company and employee confidentiality best practices.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, management, public relations, or other relevant discipline with excellent academic record.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience preferably in a professional or technical setting.
- Must have plans to pursue either PHR-CA or SHRM-CP certification within the next 3-5 years.
- Interest in engineering.
- Ability to prioritize work, proactively plan, and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional dress, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to spend long periods of time sitting at a computer, standing, or in an active state is required in order to coordinate various event types within diverse environments.
No relocation assistance offered.
ATA Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. See www.ata-e.com for additional details.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)