On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the administrative direction and supervision of the Center/Program Manager and the clinical supervision of the Occupational Therapy Program Specialist, the Occupational Therapist provides treatment &/or interventions and oversees the OT Functional Maintenance Program to On Lok participants.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides Occupational Therapy treatment & interventions to On Lok participants.
2. Provides training, guidance, and supervision to Rehabilitation Aides and participant/family member in carrying out the Functional Maintenance Program.
3. Participates actively in the interdisciplinary team by offering clinical expertise in team planning, problem solving, and processes.
4. Fulfills all administrative requirements, including but not limited to center-based supervision of rehabilitation department in collaboration with PT, attendance at team & staff meetings, and recording & tracking of OT rehabilitation equipment.
5. Other related job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy program.
2. Successful completion of certification exam & initial registration through National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
3. Licensed in the state of California through California Board of Occupational Therapy (CBOT).
4. Two years experience in physical disabilities, with focus in working with the geriatric or frail population required.
5. Flexible, self-motivated, and resourceful.
6. Ability to work independently, and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Physical requirements include ability to lift/move up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
8. Physical activities require the ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, and fingers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pet Insurance and additional discounts
Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance