- SAIC is currently seeking candidates for an Analyst, supporting one of our federal customers.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a key team of cyber security professionals here at SAIC, supporting full life cycle cyber security operations for our customer.
- We are seeking an individual that can bring analysis and incident response experience to support daily operations and help grow and mature our current SOC environment.
- As a SOC Analyst you will directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
- Additionally, the analyst will assist the senior analyst staff with development and enhancement of existing detection and response capabilities including creation of SIEM content, IDS rules, SOP documentation, and implementation of incident response methodologies.
- Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation.
- Conduct analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms.
- Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts.
- Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management.
- Process abuse inbox emails (spam, phishing, etc.).
- Process tickets assigned to the SOC/CSIRT group.
- Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale.
- Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support.
- 2+ years experience Operations Analysis and Research experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to start date is required
- BA/BS degree is required
- Strong analytical and investigation skills.
- Working knowledge of security architectures and devices.
- Working knowledge of threat intelligence consumption and management.
- Experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Splunk is a plus
- Experience with active threat hunting and adversary tracking is preferred
- Relevant security certifications is preferred (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability