As Energy Engineer III, you will support the development and delivery of energy efficiency programs by providing engineering calculations, building energy simulations, measurement and verification, and utility program technical design and assistance. You will lead design and development of technical strategies, conduct analysis to inform and recommend energy savings, develop documentation, and provide reporting that contributes to the success of client programs. You will write and inform technical documents and publications, as well as conduct quality review of content for documents created by others. You will provide general project oversight, quality control/assurance, and continuously inform customers and project teams of updates and necessary adjustments.
Additional Job Description
- Technical lead for custom/M&V projects (identify, develop, and calculate energy savings) at commercial and industrial facilities
- Recommend appropriate energy saving measures for identified projects including industrial process improvements, facility automation controls, and variable speed drives
- Quantify savings, costs, and benefits, consistent with program and policy requirements
- Develop and implement measurement and verification (M&V) plans and reports on multiple projects
- Provide technical guidance and training to internal and external parties, including clients and contractors
- Be able to review work and provide effective feedback to other technical personnel
- Be proficient and comfortable in public speaking and presentations on technical topics
- Utilize effective written and verbal skills to support the all members of the program team and external personnel
- Manage your time and tasks to provide accurate deliverables in the specified time frame
- Report issues and suggest solutions to management in a timely manner
- Travel up to 50% (mostly in-state), with occasional overnight travel
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred)
- 4 years of related professional experience in energy engineering (industrial, consulting, energy services, and/or utility energy efficiency programs)
- CEM certification is strongly preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred, but not required
- Extensive experience applying IPMVP to custom EE projects within utility programs
- Knowledge of energy-efficiency terminology, technologies, programs, and policies
- Excellent math and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and a desire to perform rigorous quality control
- Able to work at a desk and use a computer for long periods of time
- Able to occasionally use basic hand and power tools, as well as climb ladders for access
- Professional demeanor and ability to work independently without direct supervision
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. CLEAResult retains the right to make changes or adjustment to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.
© Copyright 2013 CLEAResult. All rights reserved.