Part-time Administrative Assistant Position with Soccer Shots Pittsburgh
Part time position:
25 hrs/wk, 9:30am-2:30pm, or 9-3pm; 9-12pm on Fridays; possible occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
**Local Candidates ONLY, within 10 miles of Soccer Shots Pittsburgh Coaching Office in Greentree (600 Iron City Dr. Pittsburgh PA 15205)**
Primary phone and email contact for Soccer Shots Pittsburgh; customer service; print prep; data entry; scheduling; tracking equipment inventory; occasional coaching duties
mix of office (in Greentree - at Greentree SportsPlex) and home, but very primarily in-office (only occasionally and with advanced permission will hours be from home)
Soccer Shots® is the soccer experience for children, using an acclaimed non-competitive curriculum and great coaches. Through the beautiful game, we aim to develop character, motor skills and teamwork. Our team believes children are invaluable and our goal is simple: leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.
We offer rewarding work, flexible hours and good pay. Soccer Shots is currently expanding and seeks a friendly, tech-savvy and organized Administrative Assistant to support our leadership team.
FUNCTION - Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vibrant, friendly, detail-oriented, and organized self-starter that enjoys contributing to meaningful work and interacting with parents, school administrators, and Soccer Shots coaches / staff in a fast-paced and small team environment.
- Serve as the primary email and phone communication contact for customer service needs - responding to requests for assistance with registrations, refunds, credits, etc. and taking messages for other Soccer Shots staff members
- Scheduling and managing calendar
- Managing registration (online database) and payments
- Supporting Soccer Shots Executive Director, Directors, and coaching staff
- Updating Google docs and spread sheets
- Occasional data entry
- Assisting with inventorying of soccer equipment, jerseys, coach equipment sets, etc.
- Quarterly assistance with distribution of seasonal marketing materials, flyers, etc. at local day cares, preschools, elementary schools, businesses, etc. and distribution of yard signs throughout Pittsburgh-area communities
- Occasional coaching duties with kids ages 2 to 8; we hope that the administrative assistant can serve as a substitute coach in instances where our regular coaches are sick or on vacation. We are willing to consider a strong administrative candidate who is not interested in working with children, but given that children are the focus of what we do, the ideal candidate would be one who is open to some occasional substitute coaching.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- BA/BS preferred
- 2 years of related experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, 30 wpm)
- Google Docs and MS Office
- Comfortable with and well-versed in phone work and taking detailed messages
- Warm, motivated and approachable personality
- Interest in, experience with, and energy for working with young children
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Needs to be able to have an appropriate home work space with a reliable, up-to-date computer / lap top and reliable internet access. Work requires ability to sit, stand and walk throughout an extended work day; position requires use of fingers, hands and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers and phone conversations. Position may occasionally have the need to be exposed to an inside/outside sports environment.
Local driving will occasionally be required - a valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle is a necessity, as Soccer Shots does not have company cars.