At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy.
Provides assistance to residents as required with basic services of daily living to support an independent lifestyle within the community. His/her function may not exceed Standards of Practice as accorded by Certification.
Essential Position Functions
- Assists residents with bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulation, grooming, and eating according to their individual service plan.
- Assists with transportation to dining room for meal service and/or to Program Services programs within the community.
- Assists with personal and household chores such as tidying up room, errands, delivers mail and newspaper.
- Observes and monitors residents for their safety and well being.
- Offers comfort and support, emotionally and physically.
- Effectively communicates changes in resident status to nurses and/or administration, documents observations thoroughly.
- Assists with vital signs and weight monitoring of residents and completes all required documentation.
- Assists serving residents their meals and clearing the tables, as needed.
- Follows procedure for medication reminders (NOT to administer) to ensure correct day, time and that they are indeed being taken.
- Assists residents’ relatives, visitors and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Concerns his/herself with OSHA regulations and the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS.
- Puts Customer Service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Assists with the training and orientation of new staff as requested.
- Must have a current Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with state requirements.
- A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred for this position.
- Must attend a minimum of 14 hours continuing education per year to maintain the certificate.
- Current certificate in an accredited First Aid course and CPR is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time