The Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and generating new business through outside sales activities, such as prospecting, pipeline management, and closing. Accountable for generating business through new sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an effective sales plan to meet or exceed established sales objectives.
- Set prospecting and pipeline activity goals/targets to achieve wins.
- Network to identify prospects. Perform prospecting activities to meet goals.
- Research prospects, initiate contacts (phone calls, letters, emails) and distribute marketing literature to prospective accounts.
- Set initial appointments and qualify prospects (fit profile of potential client).
- Perform pipeline management activities to meet goals.
- Profile accounts (challenges & opportunities) and link needs to solutions/service offerings.
- Make follow-up calls/emails, set follow-up appointments and make formal sales presentations to prospective new business accounts.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal resources to develop comprehensive sales presentation materials tailored to the account.
- Organize activities utilizing the Mckinney CRM system.
- Use the consultative sales strategy to effectively overcome client objections, negotiate deals and close the sale.
- Oversee accounts to check on status, assist with collections, identify additional needs, and ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Responsible for professional development activities to remain current in changing trends in the transportation industry, services and products offered by the company and competition; attend educational workshops and read professional publications (industry, sales, recruiting).
- Meet/exceed performance expectations including weekly prospecting/pipeline activities, new customer portfolio, competitor accounts, lease trailer count and increase of branch revenue, year over year.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the ability to travel to assigned customer locations on a regular basis. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and Associates or Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years of sales experience in a transportation and/or sales related industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Strong leadership skills and a powerful relationship builder.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and windows-based data systems.
Valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to use computers, copiers, fax machines, keyboard, ten-key calculator and multi-line phones. The employee is required to use an automobile to drive to customer sites and trade shows.
The candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Mckinney Trailer Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time