As a UI Architect, you will be creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for more people, both online and in our stores. In the role of UI Architect you will engage in the architecture, design, implementation, and documentation of UI architecture within CVS. This role is also hands-on and needs leading by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations and supporting architectural guides in addition to presenting and evangelizing this work. This role is also ideal for a Sr UI Engineer looking to get into UI Architecture. Some of the responsibilities include:
What will you be doing?
- Building POCs. Help and support developers in implementing architectural suggestions and guidelines.
- Pushing the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
- Learning the applications capabilities and ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs.
- Providing technical and architectural support to UI team members and being a team player.
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise class UI.
- Conducting design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability, security and future expansion.
- The person in this role is expected to be innovative and to coach others to be innovative.
- Direct, and produce technical designs/architectures at a project, product, and program level with proficiency in the areas of design/UI integrity, service continuity, component redundancy, security, etc.
- Collaborate with visual, experience designers and engineers to implement new features.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- Work closely with project team members (UX designers, Product Management, Business Analysts, Software Developers).
- 6+ years of experience on UI frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, HTML5, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.)
- 8+ years of experience on UI frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, HTML5, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.)
- Experience with responsive, adaptive UI design and development
- Experience with BackboneJS, Angular, Polymer and other popular front-end frameworks.
Basic Knowledge of NodeJS and related server side concepts.
Experience working on:
- Extensive experience working on ES6/ES7/ES8, UI Middleware.
Web Components, Micro-frontends, Control/Pattern libraries and tools
Flux, Redux, NGRX and related patterns
Packaging and bundling technologies and library management tools
- Detail oriented, cross-browser implementation aware and hands on performance optimizations.
- UX success factors accessibility, usability and aesthetics
- Develop micro-components, microservices and deploy on cloud platforms like GCP, Amazon EC2, Azur etc.
- Server-side: micro-services, CDNs, data caches and stores
- Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
- A systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; open minded to new ideas, approaches, and possesses the technical ability to implement ideas.
Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
- A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive, requiring only small pieces to the puzzle, across many technologies – new and legacy.
BS degree in Computer Science required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.