- Leadership Experience
- Visual Basic
- Project Planning
JOB TITLE: Senior Strategic Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Finance
DUTY SCHEDULE: 12 Months
DUTY SCHEDULE: Houston, TX
The Senior Strategic Financial Analyst will support the CFO the Director of Strategic in both financial modeling and compliance/internal audit. Approximately 80% of the job will entail financial modeling and deep financial analysis. The other 20% of the job will entail compliance and internal audit – mainly ensuring that all federal funds are spent correctly and there are no questioned costs during the annual audit.
He or she will have a significant role in creating systems in a high growth public charter school system and supporting a culture centered on serving our students.
The Senior Strategic Financial Analyst furthers the mission of KIPP Texas by ensuring fiscal responsibility and sustainability in all financial aspects. He or she provides essential finance and compliance expertise along with leadership and training to sustain the rapid growth of KIPP Texas. The Senior Strategic Financial Analyst will establish and maintain productive relationships with the CFO, MD of Strategic Finance, Director of Strategic Finance, KIPP Texas Executive Team, External Auditors, Texas Education Agency and Department Leaders.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Senior Strategic Financial Analyst will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:
Complete thorough financial analysis and build detailed growth model
Create long term growth model with the assistance of the Director of Strategic Finance
Strong attention to detail to ensure no material mistakes exist in the long term growth model
Ability to think through multiple scenarios and perform scenario analysis
Ability to work in a fast paced work environment to complete multiple financial analysis projects in a short and compressed time window
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Assist Strategic Finance Team in Public Bond Offerings
Prepare presentations for S&P to rate bond deals to secure an investment grade rating and gain access to PSF funds. Therefore, the ability to create beautiful and succinct PowerPoint presentations is necessary.
Work closely with the Strategic Finance team to ensure all financial scenarios are aptly considered and vetted
Understand the Master Trust Indenture and ensure full covenant compliance with current and future bond offerings
Key Recommender of Financial Strategy
Monitoring all market conditions to ensure KIPP has favorable access to capital at all times
Assist Directors of FP&A with budget strategy
Work directly with the Directors of FP&A to ensure the financial success of the respective regions
Ongoing monitor of risk management strategy for the organization utilizing an efficient risk-based approach to spending/funding
Work directly with MD of Accounting to ensure no audit findings
Ensure proper internal controls are in place
Perform internal audit annually
Ensure all federal grants are considered low-risk
Submit all expansion and non-expansion amendments to the TEA on an as needed basis
Ensure strong relationships with external auditors and TEA
Education, Background, Skills and Knowledge:
Ability to work regular overtime; this position is a high stress position and there are many times throughout the year where the employee will be expected to work in excess of 50 hours a week for multiple weeks on end
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution, plus a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a fast paced, high stress environment
Must have experience building complex financial models (regression models, three statement consolidating pro forma financial statements, etc…)
Must have experience creating PowerPoint presentations for Executives
Must have experience leading a team and working cross functionally with different departments while maintaining strong working relationships when delivering unwanted news
Ability to think logically is required for this position and some programming knowledge with VBA, SQL, Python or other language is preferred (you will not likely program though there is a chance of that, it is more than this proves you can think logically)
Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation or Certified Public Account (CPA) designation desirable
Overall, we are looking for someone that is a mission fit and that has a strong quantitative background and strong interpersonal skills.
Advanced Excel skills and some programming background to understand how to think logically
Strong communication skills. You must be very personable.
Demonstrated ability to provide leadership for multiple region departments and functions
Knowledge of project planning and oversight
Ability to manage external relationships that include banks
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data