In addition to managing the training at their home club, the Senior Fitness Trainer is primarily responsible for the coaching and development of all fitness instructors, within assigned region. Candidate will be responsible for utilizing NFP/PF training methodology to ensure that all class numbers and objectives are met. Responsible for ensuring member satisfaction and success through the promotion of a “Judgement Free” fitness environment.
Optimal Development of Fitness Instructors
- Spend in-person time with all Fitness Instructors, and work on personal development, engagement, and relationship building.
- Partner with the Director of Training to develop new training programs and techniques to be used in all NFP clubs.
- Work with GM to establish a healthy connection with their Instructors and handle all concerns in a professional manner.
- Partner with the GM, as appropriate, in holding the instructors to the company standard for tor the training programs.
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring process of new Fitness Instructors.
- Verify that all instructors possess and maintain the appropriate training and CPR / AED certifications.
- Provide backup and overflow support to trainers for club openings and scheduling needs.
- Report to the Director of Fitness weekly for updates and debriefing.
Maximizing NFP PE@PF Class Numbers:
- Incorporation and teaching of best-selling methods for class acquisition.
- Implementation of proper class coordination, and proper training of the steps and procedures associated with the Design Your Own Program, PF 360, and various muscle group classes.
- Host / attend workshops with instructors for continuing education.
Ensure Member Satisfaction, Safety, and Progress
- Drive member engagement through management of clubs’ monthly PE@PF numbers, while maintaining responsibility for their PE@PF numbers at their home club.
- Work with GMs to help drive member satisfaction through increased program participation.
- Partner with the club GM to ensure that inactive and damaged equipment has been logged into EMS and is being dealt with in a timely manner.
- Must possess an NCCA certification or relevant degree in Exercise Science.
- Must be able to demonstrate a success record of 450 sign ups for a 6 month period.
- Training and customer service experience of 3-5 years, preferably in the fitness industry.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR / AED certified
- Willing to obtain CPR / AED instructor certifi
- Ability to successfully educate and train staff members.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- Superior coaching and development skills.
- Exceptional leadership
- A passion for health and fitness.
- Be a representative of the core values of National Fitness Partners at all times, by upholding the beliefs of Teamwork, Passion, Accountability, Integrity, Positivity.
- Must be willing to travel and fill in at club locations when necessary.
- Must be able to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, pinching, pulling and grasping.
- Must be able to work upwards of 40+ hours a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Gym memberships or discounts