Position Title: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Department: Administrative (Branch Level)
Supervisor: Branch Manager
Performs Human Resources Related duties at the administrative level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, benefits, employee relations, new hire orientation, employment, labor relations, workers compensation, unemployment, leave administration.
1. Processes New Hires: administers in-house drug tests (where permitted by law); verify accuracy of Social Security Information for payroll, provides new hire orientation and submits required documents to Human Resources/Payroll.
2. Assists in the processing of payroll, by ensuring all entries for the Branch are complete and accurate and by submitting completed time records and Personnel Action Forms with any changes in rate of pay, address, direct deposit or employment status to Corporate Payroll Department.
3. Reports customer and/or work related injuries/illnesses to insurance carrier and assists Corporate in the resolution of the claims.
4. Maintains OSHA Records
5. Manages Leaves of Absence for employees
6. Works as a liaison between employees and Corporate Human Resources.
7. Assists employees in completing and submitting changes and new enrollments into Benefit Plans.
8. Maintains records of monetary transactions such as safe counts, toll vouchers, coupons, returned checks, coin orders, petty cash, IOUs and key inventory
9. Ensures Cash Room and key box are locked at all times and money is kept secured at all times.
10. Partners with employees and management to maintain compliance and communicate various Human Resources policies and procedures,
11. Participates in employee relations issues
12. Provides documentation and employment history to third party vendor for unemployment claims.
13. Maintains Employee Personnel Records.
1. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
1. High School Diploma and two years of administrative experience, OR
2. College Degree and 1 year of administrative experience, OR
3. 3 years experience in the HR field, OR
4. Any similar combination of education and experience
5. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively; verbally and in writing in English.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
7. Ability to organize and prioritize work
8. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Brand: Restaurant Depot
Address: 140 Kenwood St Providence, RI - 02907
Property Description: 560 - RHODE ISLAND
Property Number: 560