Timber Ridge at Talus is a beautiful upscale retirement community and health center located at the base of scenic Cougar Mountain in Issaquah. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, fun-loving and hospitality-minded Human Resources Director who enjoys the challenge of wearing many different hats and being part of an extraordinary leadership team with the mission of serving seniors!
The Director of Human Resources oversees all aspects of Human Resources for the community, including Recruitment and Retention, Employee Relations, Personnel Policies & Procedures, Training & Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Compliance, Safety and Risk Management. This position reports to the Executive Director and provides leadership and support for the daily operation of the community.
Essential Functions of the Human Resources department:
- connecting and building strong relationships with staff members and creating a culture of fun!
- ensuring compliance with human resources-related company policies as well as all applicable federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- ensuring compliance of industry regulations, including strong attention to detail and record keeping
- developing and administering all personnel policies & procedures
- developing and implement staff training programs; maintain training records
- overseeing recruiting, onboarding, new employee orientation and offboarding
- working with department directors and managers to facilitate annual performance evaluations, salary adjustments, progressive discipline and terminations
- counselling and coaching the management team on human resources issues
- investigating and resolving employee complaints and grievances; conducting conflict mediation
- responding to unemployment claims and attending hearings and appeals as needed
- handling employee injuries and Worker's Compensation claims; creating a culture of safety
- creating and monitoring the human resources budget
- developing and managing the employee benefits program
- managing employee retention and recognition programs
- conducting exit interviews and maintaining a monthly Turnover Report
- maintaining personnel files and the HRIS system
- managing employee leave of absences and ensuring compliance with department of labor standards
- Bachelor's Degree in business, human resources or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of HR management experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Previous experience in senior living, hospitality, healthcare or related industry preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal labor and employment law
- Computer proficiency to include MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM Certified Professional preferred
- Strong leadership abilities with superior customer service skills and professionalism
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. All Timber Ridge at Talus employees must pass criminal background checks, drug screening, and other pre-employment requirements. E-verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance