The VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region has an opening for an Intake (Admissions) Nurse for three days per week.
As part of the Intake team, the Intake (Admissions) RN is responsible for completing the referral and initial admission process and will develop a close working relationship with the VNA Liaison team and our referring community partners.
This is a fast-paced position that requires attention to detail; the ability to stay focused under pressure and maintain a high-level of customer services.
The hours are Monday-Wednesday one week and Wednesday-Friday the next week with occasional weekend and holiday coverage. This position is in our Rutland office.
- One year of clinical experience required.
- Ability to obtain valid Vermont State Registered Nurse licensure by date of employment required.
- Valid state driver’s license required.
- Ability to successfully pass motor vehicle record check, child abuse, criminal record check and adult abuse check required.
- Vermont Registered Nurse License Required.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Ability to effectively operate a variety of patient management software systems, including McKesson and Microsoft Office software programs required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, nurses, social workers, physicians, discharge planners, nursing home representatives, etc. in a courteous and professional manner required
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing required.
- Knowledge of CMS regulations required.
- Must be highly organized and able to independently manage time and produce work within required deadlines.
- Ability to effectively cultivate positive relationships with referring partners, patients, and families required.
- Ability to work with limited supervision required.
- Working knowledge of VNAHSR programs and program requirements required.
- Ability to stay up to date on changes to CMS and State home care and hospice regulations required.
- Ability to work weekends required.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with HIPAA regulations required.
- Ability to successfully complete annual Safety Awareness training required.
Community Liaison Role
- In coordination with VNAHSR Marketing Director, regularly creates, develops and cultivates relationships with the VNAHSR and referring providers with a goal of maximizing referral opportunities for all services lines.
- In coordination with VNAHSR Marketing Director provides education and outreach to physicians, discharge planners and other referring partners regarding the scope of VNAHSR services to enhance awareness of VNAHSR programs. Takes action to provide physicians and discharge planners with written or other information as needed.
- Works with VNAHSR Marketing Director and other departments as needed to identify trends and areas of improvement to help address issues.
- In coordination with Marketing Director, reviews data to systematically identify and document problems experienced by referring partners, as well as identify opportunities for education and success.
- Identifies needs for collateral and other materials that support provider relations and collaborates with marketing to produce the pieces.
- Serves as weekend Triage Nurse as assigned.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development including staff meetings and in-service education and other educational opportunities
VNAHSR benefits for Full-time and Part-time employees include:
- Health, dental, life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- Continuing education tuition assistance for work-related courses, to eligible staff.
Job Type: Part-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)