SunTrust Audit Services is an integral and active part of a dynamic risk management environment at SunTrust Bank.
The Director of IT Audit leads a team of six professionals with diverse experience. Responsibilities include leading technology risk assessments, audit execution, client relationship management and staff development. Areas of audit coverage for which the Director’s team is responsible include security, systems development, disaster recovery and infrastructure management. The Director of IT Audit also participates actively in strategic technology projects and oversees IT aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley program.
The Director of IT Audit facilitates his team’s work and promotes risk awareness through a positive and collaborative relationship with IT executives and staff. In addition to oversight of audit execution, the Director of IT Audit meets regularly with senior IT executives to discuss audits, assess risks, evaluate issue remediation progress, provide feedback and gather insights on IT activities. This position has high visibility and provides significant opportunities to network with senior IT executives.
The Director fosters high performance, continuous learning and collaborative interactions within a team of IT audit professionals. As the team leader, the Director engages with teammates in periodic and annual performance ratings, training plans and career path discussions. Opportunities also exist to recruit new teammates, participate in teaming events and attend internal and external training.
- Overseeing ongoing risk assessments and preparing a relevant and robust annual audit plan.
- Leading delivery of the annual audit plan through effective scheduling and oversight.
- Ensuring audit delivery satisfies or exceeds SunTrust Audit Services quality requirements.
- Motivating and developing 6 IT audit professionals by establishing goals, training plans and providing regular performance feedback.
- Developing and expanding rapport with IT executives, teammates, contractors and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years minimum professional experience. Proven experience and strong competency in the following:
- Leading and motivating teams of 5+ technology auditors with at least 10 years leading IT professionals
- Driving teams in delivering technology audit activities from risk assessment, planning, scheduling, oversight, reporting and issue management.
- Establishing a robust audit plan based on continuous monitoring, audit results and planned projects.
- Incorporating data analytics effectively and consistently into audit planning and testing.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities to provide risk insights in strategic business and technology projects.
- Applying FFIEC, COBIT, ITIL, ISO and PMI frameworks in planning, executing and presenting results for audits.
- Building strong relationships with senior IT executives and IT managers through regular, clear and open communication and demonstrated awareness of technology risk trends.
- Nurturing team and individual engagement and performance through active feedback, training and career guidance.
- Delivering high quality written work products through active oversight and engagement in audit activities.
- Understanding basic financial institution business processes such loan origination, loan servicing, electronic payment management and financial reporting.
The Director of IT Audit will have strong experience with office automation applications including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic audit workpaper management and data analysis tools.
- A Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- A current certification in at least one of the following: CISA, CPA, CFE, CISSP, CISM
- Financial institution audit or technology management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf