Purpose of the Position:
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, motivated sales executive to lead our HVAC Plumbing sales team. If you are ready to elevate your career path, have significant impact on the success of our company and enjoy working with people who care about you and are committed to a common goal, JH Larson Company has an amazing opportunity for you to utilize your talents. Our employees want to help you be successful!
This Sales Manager role will establish the sales targets to meet the company objectives. Develop strategic HVAC and plumbing sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. We are seeking a positive thinking, creative and motivated professional to drive revenue growth and lead our team.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals. Effectively manage sales budget for the company. Develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets. Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed expansion.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices. Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and assist in promoting sales.
- Assist Outside Sales Staff with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Be a resource to Outside Sales Representatives in contract opportunities and proposals. Direct staffing, training, and performance management to develop and control sales initiatives. Actively involve new Outside Sales Representative in orientation and sales training programs.
- Direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals in coordination with Branch Managers.
- Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line with assistance from Operations Manager.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition and recommend strategies for improvement based on market research and analysis. Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates.
- Attend trade shows and represent company at trade association meetings.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives. Meet with key customers, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinate and assist in leading corporate sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the HVAC Plumbing industry and in managing sales staff.
- Experience in wholesale distribution environment.
- Experience in P & L lines and budgeting processes.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills. Detail oriented, organized, consistent and tenacious.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and collaborates within a multi-functional team.
- A team player – work together with others to accomplish common goals of company. Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package included.
** This job description is not all-inclusive and it is subject to change based on the needs of the company.