Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Land Development group has been continuing to grow and we are currently seeking a Landscape Architect to support projects throughout our Midwest region and beyond in our McHenry, IL office.
In this position, your focus will be on Landscape Architecture design ranging from Residential to Commercial projects with a wide variety of clients. You will act as a lead of our Landscape Architect group and help develop and guide our other Architects along with leading on projects.
Do you have experience as a Landscape Architect with either residential or commercial projects? Do you hold a registered Landscape Architect certification in one more more states we do work in? Are you looking for a role to act as a lead and take the next step in your career? If so, let’s talk! Get the conversation started by applying today.
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking .
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please see below for a more detailed Job Description
The Project Landscape Architect I acts as an authorized agent of the company and is responsible for the delivery of landscape architectural development plans for a variety of projects, on time and on/under budget. Makes significant design decisions in cooperation with other Project Managers for assigned projects, where applicable. Maybe responsible for assisting with marketing, business development, project management and client communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Uses professional judgment to direct and independently complete assigned landscape architecture designs.
2. Compiles and analyzes data on such site conditions as geographic location; soil, vegetation, and rock features; drainage; and location of structures for preparation and development of landscaping plans
3. Prepares site plans, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for landscape architectural design, showing ground contours, planting plans, locations of amenities construction detailing for all amenities structures.
4. Checks the accuracy (formal and informal QA/QC) of assigned tasks completed by other professionals and technical staff.
5. Makes design decisions that meet the needs of external customers while coordinating the impact of such decisions on related project efforts.
6. Pro-actively identifies technical, schedule or financial issues and seeks resolution from the client, as appropriate to the situation.
7. Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection.
8. Observes construction and reviews shop drawing submittals for approval.
9. Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
10. Recommends and prepares change orders.
11. May participates in the creation of Landscape Architectural services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
12. Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
Bachelor’s degree (BSLA) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Must hold current registered Landscape Architect certification in one or more states in which Howard R. Green conducts business. In many cases the Landscape Architect will possess additional professional, specialty certifications relevant to his/her field, and/or advanced education in a given discipline. Must possess a valid state driver's license and must be able to drive a vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19