From the moment you join us, you’ll start receiving the training you need. You’ll work closely with a professional engineer, alongside a team of engineers of similar experience and globally-recognized industry professionals. From your first week, you’ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills to help you progress your journey at Mott MacDonald.
As an entry-level civil engineer, your responsibilities will include:
Works on infrastructure and civil engineering projects and tasks in the field of water/wastewater, carrying out assignments with direction from the project manager.
Performs tasks that include preparation of designs and calculations for civil engineering projects.
- Will work as part of an integrated cross-discipline team solving complex technical problems on some of our most significant water/wastewater projects.
- Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc. and gathers field data.
- Attend site visits and meetings with clients and contractors.
- Performs assignments using standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
It’s not all just about work though. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team, offering discounted activities throughout the year.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for water/wastewater engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for the entry-level civil engineer position, you will have less than 12 months' post graduate experience and have achieved or, are working towards, master's degree (preferred) or a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or relatable discipline, with a focus on water/wastewater projects.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- A minimum GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience
- Certified EIT preferred
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn global engineering, management and development consultant focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate: transportation, water/wastewater, energy, buildings and environmental.
Our project history in North America is vast. From the engineering of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, to the 30-year masterplan of John F Kennedy Airport. From Block Island Wind Farm, the first offshore windfarm in the US, to some of the largest water and wastewater projects across the US. Our project history in North America is vast.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.