Pinnacle Communications Services is looking for a Self-Motivated Telecommunication Technician/Project Manager with the ability to Interact with, General Contractors, Clients, attend Site Survey, Meetings maintain network connectivity and performance by installing new cable infrastructure; Inspecting vendor installation, performing adds, moves, and changes; repairing existing communications issues; troubleshooting problems; maintaining topology; leading and training team members.
Telecommunications Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; and preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; and coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Telecommunications Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Telecommunications systems engineering
- Telecommunications knowledge
- Telecommunications technologies
- Technical understanding
- Functional and technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Documentation skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering, information technology, or another related field
- Associate degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience
- One to three years of related IT/telecommunications experience
- Fiber Optic installation, Termination a plus.
- Prior experience with VOIP, T1, DSL, Ethernet Circuits a must
- Experience with basic networking protocols including DNS, DHCP, VPNs, WAN/LAN TCP/IP
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Telecommunications: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly