We are searching for a Community Development Officer to provide support in planning, coordinating, and delivering capacity building and technical assistance in affordable housing, economic development and/or community development to state and local government, tribal communities, housing developers and publicly funded entities.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented professional with a passion for partnering directly with clients to solve problems and implement strategies and solutions. We’re looking for an efficient project manager with the ability to successfully facilitate complex groups and processes. Candidates must be willing to travel within the state and nationally.
- Assist in the implementation of work plans. Provide direct/remote technical assistance to beneficiaries/recipients, including government, non-profit organizations, and tribal entities throughout the State of Minnesota and nationally
- Assist in creating and analyzing project development budgets and pro-formas, applying federal and state regulatory requirements to further beneficiary’s/recipient’s project goals
- Provide Housing Institute team support focused on defining team goals, understanding local needs, and assisting in the successful implementation of a community development project
- Support Community Development Managers in the research, development and delivery of technical assistance and consulting services that increase capacity and organizational efficiency of governments, non-profits, tribal communities and other public agencies
- Market Community Development Department programs. Maintain contact with housing agencies and local governments. Support outreach for Community Development Department engagements
- Minimum three years of experience in community development, economic development or housing development
- Experience with funding applications such as LIHTC, FHLB, MN Deed Small Cities or other private and/or public grants and loans
- Knowledge of HUD HOME, CDBG and SNAPS programs and/or USDA and other federal community development programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively advocate on MHP’s behalf with stakeholders
- Strong communication and writing skills; must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to travel as needed, including overnight stays
- Highly motivated, professional presence and commitment to MHP mission and values
- Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent experience in relevant field preferred
This is an exempt, salaried position. MHP offers a robust benefits package and flexible work schedule, including the ability to work remotely.
Please apply by 08/24/18 for first round consideration.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
This position will remain open until filled, with applications being reviewed as received.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- community development: 1 year (Required)
- economic development: 1 year (Required)
- housing development: 1 year (Required)