Squarespace's People Relations team is seeking a Senior Manager, HR Business Partners to join our growing People team. In this role, you will oversee a team of global HR Business Partners, supporting the talent strategies of the teams responsible for building, selling, and supporting its product. You will build the strategy behind our approach to talent management and set up the structures to grow high performance teams; meanwhile, advising the HRBPs and senior leaders across the organization on matters such as feedback and coaching, compensation, organizational design, development and succession planning, change management, and employee relations.
You will have the ability to zoom out and keep strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention. You'll also work hand in hand with the broader People Team leaders on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and people practices.
This role reports into our VP, People and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Develop and execute a measurable talent strategy; leverage data to share trends and actionable insights with our senior leadership team
- Set the vision for the HRBP team, enabling them to support a growing, global client base. Enhance the team's effectiveness by bringing more value to their stakeholders, and providing a more strategic level of impact to the business.
- Mentor and coach a team of 4-5 HRBPs, providing continual feedback and career growth
- Effectively present, advocate for, and influence outcomes for operational excellence with key stakeholders across the organization
- Coach senior leaders on how to deliver effective performance management, leveling, compensation, and career pathing conversations
- Partner with our HR Program Manager to develop and lead People team and department-specific initiatives to bolster retention and engagement
- Partner with our Compensation Senior Manager to lead compensation review cycles across a diverse set of teams and be an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Training & Development leaders to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Recruiting team leaders on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
- 10+ years of working experience as an HR professional
- Experience managing a high performing HR team
- A thorough understanding of HR and recruiting practices, including employment law, payroll and benefits administration, the competitive talent landscape in tech with regard to benefit packages and total delivered comp, etc.
- Demonstrated solution focused thinking, empathy, and strong coaching skills
- An understanding of people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about ( http://www.squarespace.com/about ).
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more ( http://squarespace.com/about/careers )
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.