JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Technical Skills - Remains knowledgeable and competent in all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Troubleshoots and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Follows section's inventory control system to assure effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Complies with safety guidelines and procedures and adheres to regulatory mandates
Productivity and Communication / Team Work - Adjusts, prioritizes, and organizes work to achieve maximum productivity to meet the workload demands of the section.
- Assists peers and supervisors with tasks after completion of assigned work.
- Adheres to attendance policy, begins work as scheduled.
- Works independently, utilizes resources available to maximize efficiency.
- Initiates Communication with others; works well with others to ensure the work gets done to standard and on time; is accepting of and values individual differences;
Quality Commitment and Enhancement - Actively participates in training students, employees and fellows.
- Participates in process improvement projects.
- Validates and evaluates new methodologies and tests with the help of Laboratory Supervisor and technical support.
- Coaches and mentors students and employees.
- Adheres to and understands CAP and CLIA Guidelines; Reviews and follows SOPs.
Computer Skills - Maintains proficiency on computer functions in the lab processes.
- Properly acquires specimen data into computer system(s).
- Analyzes and evaluates patient results correctly and appropriately.
- Stores patient information and results to allow easy future access as required.
Bachelor's degree -OR- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Genetic Technology -OR - completion of an accredited Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science program. With Bachelor's degree, one year clinical lab experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Day/Evening, Days, Evening/Night, Varied
US Dollar (USD) 48,000
US Dollar (USD) 64,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 81,000