It’s great being part of a culture where entrepreneurship and team spirit are not just buzzwords.
We are committed to our associates and customers. This makes our business successful.
If you love working with a great group of people and desire the opportunity to grow, this is the place for you.
This position is responsible for learning and participating in all aspects of store operations, which includes providing an exceptional shopping experience to every customer through established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service, and associate education. In addition, the OPMIT will ensure workplace safety and provide a safe shopping environment to customers while maximizing company profitability by managing the store operations.
- Read and review a Profit and Loss (P&L) statement to identify areas of improvement
- Utilize computer and Point of Sale (POS) system to maintain accurate inventory and manage the cycle count process
- Maintain inventory integrity by supervising the cycle count and inventory counting processes
- Assist the CEM in handling store level human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary
- Review the cashing handling practices and ensure necessary communications to the corporate finance department
- Coordinate facility management to guarantee the safety and security of customers and employees
- Assist the CEM in staying within budget with respect to controllable expenses and drive profitability
- Review store presentation standards with the Operations Manager and/or CEM to ensure standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Assist the CEM in supporting, modeling, and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers
- Engage customer focus during the pick-up and check-out process
- Handle claims and other King Customer Manager (KCM)/Manager on Duty (MOD) duties as needed
- Review scheduling with Operations Manager and/or CEM to ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during peak traffic periods
- Interact with Store Support Center associates
- Record-keeping and reporting of inventory, HR related matters and cash office records
- Ensure web orders are shipped out including samples (e-Commerce)
- Manage checkbook for P&L and assist the CEM with operational budget/spending and adherence
- Assist the sales team with resets, displays and display credits (merchandising)
- Handle Workers’ Compensation matters/claims and maintain OSHA logs in coordination with the Store Support Center
- Direct/supervise truck appointments, communicate scheduling and manage scheduling issues (logistics)
- Assist with customer pick-ups, auditing storage and maintaining pre-sales/FDX
- Involved in sales reset in accordance with warehouse team (pack-out/overnight)
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis
- Review store COP/SOPs with Operations Manager and/or CEM
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes by reviewing with the Operations Manager and/or CEM
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems
- Open and/or close the store according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- Occasional travel may be required including air and car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree preferred
- 3-5 years retail management experience and proven ability direct operations
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training associates
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.