Basic Function: This Controller /CFO position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain our documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the company goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank and carrier reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external use.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- The companycontroller assumes the responsibilities of the chief financial officer
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a company or division of a corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountantor Certified Management Accountant designations, retail, merchandising and inventory control experience
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office and / or virtual office environment. Limited travel as needed to company subsidiaries and locations, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: