01/08/2020 - 01/31/2020
Purchasing, Logistics & Travel
Headquarters Facilities Department
Being an employee of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gives you the opportunity to have a unique perspective on Church operations. You will be able to take part in the mission of bringing souls unto Christ in a unique way.
As part of the Headquarters Facilities Department, you will help to “bring forth and establish the cause of Zion.” (D&C 12:6). The work that you do will be important in fulfilling our mission to provide services, events, and environments where all can feel inspired.
The purpose of the Mail Operations Center is to screen, deliver, and/or ship communicable materials between Church Headquarters and worldwide Church membership. The Mail Courier will perform a wide variety of distribution and delivery tasks the needs the ability to learn detailed postal (international and domestic) procedures and complete assignments independently.
Church Headquarters, Downtown Salt Lake City, UT 84150
$12.60/hr + depending on experience and education
11:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Some medical benefits available.
Provide delivery services to church business buildings using a 10,000 to 20,000 GVW rated box truck (similar to a 19 foot moving truck) and/or other large cargo vans
Resolve mail distribution and/or delivery problems
Accurately operate standard postal equipment
Identify the least expensive shipping options considering department needs and system requirements
Create shipping manifests, operating computer systems, and ensuring compliance
Prepare, process, and sort specialized mailings as needed
Maintain postal equipment through preventive maintenance care
Provide customer service as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience (mission may count as work experience)
- Detailed knowledge of shipping or postal procedures and functions preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Required to become DOT certified including passing a DOT physical exam
- Must have basic math skills, the ability to read and sort quickly and accurately, and proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and data entry functions)
- Must pass all required safety and equipment certifications and trainings as well as a scheme examination within 3 months of hiring.
- Must be able to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, push, and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 pounds. Must be able to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
All positions are subject to close without notice.