Full Job Description
Edutech Lab in Bellevue, Washington is currently seeking temporary staff to work onsite in our office scoring and writing content for standardized English language assessments. Staff will evaluate spoken and written responses to test questions using a rubric with specific criteria. Other duties include brainstorming topics and writing content for test questions according to specifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree (a degree in progress is acceptable) in Applied Linguistics, TESOL or a related field (English, Journalism, Communication, etc.).
- Previous experience (minimum one year) as an English as a Second Language (ESL) / English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructor.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (for applicants whose first language is not English)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize and correct grammatical, mechanical, and stylistic errors in written text
- Ability to generate accurate and concise written content on a variety of subject matters
- Ability to consistently apply evaluation criteria to test takers' linguistic production
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Hourly compensation of $20-$23, up to 40 hours/week
- Position begins in early April and ends in early July, with the potential for renewal
- This is NOT a remote position. All work takes place in our Bellevue, WA office.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8 hour shift