NOTE: U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date. (no exceptions) Persons with an active DoD secret clearance will automatically receive a $10k bonus or $20k for a top secret.
Persons hired for this position will receive a $10,000 sign on bonus.
The Software Digital Signal Processing Engineer positions are within the Integrated Defense Systems, Electrical Design Directorate, Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department. The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department (RESP) designs, develops, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems. The Signal Process Technology group within the Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing Department focus on state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures that are used to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. This position will also include working closely with other software and systems engineers to efficiently implement and test the software requirements.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 4 to 10+ years or relevant experience
- Strong, continuous development in C++ in a Linux or Unix environment
- Application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
- Ability to do software design, implementation and test
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
- Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
- Experience developing applications for GPGPU using CUDA or OpenCL
- Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
- Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
- Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable
Job Type: Full-time
- Strong, continuous C++ development in Linux/Unix environment: 4 years (Required)
- dsp software design: 4 years (Preferred)
- active DoD secret or top secret clearance (deisred) (Preferred)
- Are you a current US citizen, as required to obtain a DoD security clearance?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Temporarily due to COVID-19