Maintain and repair electrical equipment and systems, including utility distribution, lighting, heating, ventilation and
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain and repair electrical equipment and systems such as: power distribution panels, distribution wiring of 480 volts or less, transformers, emergency generators, breaker and/or fuse panels, switches, receptacles, interior and exterior lighting fixtures, ballasts, motors, pumps, starters and operational controls, etc.
2. Oversee the programming and scheduling of lighting control systems. Assist in the trouble shooting and repair of lighting systems in support of the Lighting Technician.
3. Assist Mechanical Systems Manager and/or his designed assistants in developing or modifying maintenance schedules and standards.
4. Test, maintain and repair fire and security systems including wiring and associated equipment. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of alarm activity as required by State law.
5. Under general supervision, investigate electrical problems accurately to determine operational status of electrical equipment and take appropriate action to restore system operation.
6. Prepare basic technical sketches for use by supervisors to document work completed or to interface with planning and design.
7. Maintain detailed records on paper and in computerized maintenance management software of maintenance activities and repairs made to equipment and systems to include hours worked, materials used, equipment condition, etc.”
8. Keep equipment locations and shop areas clean and orderly.
9. Support contractors who install new electronic systems that connect to or complement existing systems.
10. In the course of performing work, adheres to all safety procedures including lock-out/tag-out procedures, MSDS safety warnings, required personal protection equipment, and OSHA requirements. Advises supervisor of any unsafe work conditions encountered and/or conditions found in equipment that could pose hazards to others.
11. Advises supervisor of any unsafe work conditions encountered and/or conditions found in equipment that could pose hazards to others.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A high school diploma.
• A degree or certification from an accredited technical institution in electricity or the equivalent, or graduation from an electrical worker’s union apprenticeship program.
• Relevant military or civilian industrial experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Three years of appropriate electrical maintenance experience is required.
• Possess the ability to use the tools and instruments appropriate to the electrician’s craft for repair, testing and modification of electrical equipment.
• Read, interpret and use electrical, HVAC and control blueprints; specifications; manufacturer’s manuals, catalogs and other technical literature.
• Basic ability to sketch circuits and draw diagrams of electrical circuits and equipment.
• Must have working knowledge of all safety procedures including lock-out/tag-out procedures, MSDS safety warnings, required personal protection equipment, and OSHA requirements.
• Must be able to work at heights using Ladders and aerial work platforms such as boom lifts (60’ max) Scissor lifts, and telescoping lifts.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Should have strong commercial building/facilities system and HVAC maintenance background. Must possess excellent interpersonal and technical communication skills.
Facilities Planning & Management
Special Instructions to Applicants