02/20/2020 - 03/05/2020
Maintenance & Grounds
Special Projects Department
The purpose of this position is to "seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion."
Eliminate distractions in a safe and efficient manner by keeping assigned areas in clean, sanitized, and orderly condition. May be assigned to help with grounds, special events, or other manual labor duties.
Typical duties may include:
- Clean offices, restrooms, public areas, etc. as instructed including fixtures such as sinks, toilets, tubs, showers, mirrors, air vents, furniture, equipment, window sills, walls, etc.
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, large scrubbers and sweepers, power washers, and extraction equipment, etc.
- Operate balers, shredders, aerial lifts, and forklifts
- Window and building exterior cleaning possibly including fountains
- Clean carpets, rugs, upholstery and drapes
- Sanitize areas, furnishings, or fixtures as instructed
- Wet or damp mop floors
- Dust or polish furnishings, light fixtures, window sills, wood paneling, etc.
- Dispose of trash, waste, and other materials
- Perform emergency cleanups including floods, bodily fluids, spills, etc.
- Restock supplies
- Move furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment
- Remove leaves or snow
- On call responsibilities may be required
- May be assigned to executive VIP responsibilities
- Report safety or security issues and needed repairs
- Perform other duties and attend meetings as assigned
Complexity – Moderately complex-level work.
Autonomy – Perform work under general supervision. Perform self-directed work while handling moderately complex issues; refers more complicated issues to higher-level staff.
Leadership or Supervision of Others – May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to others. Environment – May require working in damp, dusty, and/or dirty areas. May require work with various cleaning solvents and chemicals.
- Working knowledge of subject matter; typically two years related work experience preferred
- Experience with project work or executive cleaning preferred
- Must certify in the use of any needed equipment including sweepers, buffers, lifts, carpet cleaning machinery, high rise power washers, etc.
- Ability to understand basic instructions, complete basic tasks, and handle basic issues and problems
- Ability to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 poundsas well as ability to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, stoop, push, pull, twist, bend, and perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, and mechanical lifts for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work outside during all seasons, temperatures, and types of weather
- Ability to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision. Must have a positive attitude with the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to understand English for general communication, video training, building security, and safety. Also, must be capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing and able to ask clarifying questions as needed.
- May require a valid driver's license
- Must comply with all regulations associated with the handling of chemicals
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
All positions are subject to close without notice.