Central Animal Hospital on Pinellas Pointis seeking a dynamic, energetic, organized, friendly EXPERIENCED (1-2 years) veterinary receptionist crossed trained as a veterinary assistant and wishes to function in both capacities at a growing hospital in the beautiful Pinellas Point area of south St. Petersburg.
DRUG FREE WORPLACE: Pre-employment drug screening required.
The right person is a self-motivated diligent worker with a bright, cheerful smile, a can-do outlook, and a warm demeanor.
If you believe you have the right qualifications as described below, please apply for this position by first completing our job assessment at the following link:
The right individual will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the best possible client experience by welcoming clients & their pets to our hospital
- Greeting telephone inquiries with courtesy, warmth and friendliness
- Coordinating patient care and work flow with doctors, technicians & veterinary assistants
- Keeping detailed paperless records
- Housekeeping duties
- Accountability for ensuring practice growth by running reports for internal marketing purposes and analysis
- Actively seeking referrals from clients and friends on a daily basis.
- Assistance to veterinary technicians with pet restraint, bathing pets, toenail trims, other duties as assigned, and end of day cleaning.
Requirements: A minimum of one year experience in a veterinary receptionist or veterinary assistant position. A dynamic warm, friendly, outgoing, caring nature is required for this "first impression" position. We need a detail-oriented, organized, trustworthy self-starter to:
- Cheerfully meet and greet clients and their pets
- Answer phones with a smile
- Schedule appointments and surgeries according to owner's standards.
- Carefully & accurately document and maintain electronic records per AAHA standards
- Learn, know and understand our practice's protocols and recommended products (vaccination protocols, flea/tick/heartworm prevention products, dietary products, blood testing protocols for scheduling purposes, etc)
- Prepare invoices and schedule recheck appointments and/or surgeries at checkout
- Contact clients daily for follow up
- File and work on special projects as assigned.
- Receive pets for daily admissions and/or boarding per established hospital protocols.
- Proper pet restraint per established hospitals and safety protocols.
- Bathe pets per established protocols, including proper ear cleaning and toe nail trims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position demands someone with:
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Initiative to "go the extra mile" in learning our Core Values, procedures, protocols and products recommended and in providing exceptional customer service
- Displaying patience and compassion during busy, stressful times with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once with frequent interruptions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $14.00 /hour
- veterinary receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- veterinary assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Saint Petersburg, FL (Required)