You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you’ll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
The Cross Domain Technical Intern will show a demonstrated knowledge of Cyber Security and enterprise Cyber Security solutions.
- Ability to apply security principles and mechanisms to the systems and enterprise system designs.
- Knowledge / expertise in systems security engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design.
- Understand data transmissions used to conceal confidential information during transmit.
- Experience with security design processes, defense-in-depth, information domains.
Required Skills and Education
Completion of sophomore or junior year in College
Working towards a degree in Engineering or Computer Science related field
Preferred Skills and Education
- Maintained at least a 3.5GPA
- Graduation schedule for May/June 2021
Administrative (installation and configuration) knowledge of the following systems, applications, and protocols
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- SharePoint 2010
- Red Hat Enterprise 5/6 in addition to Fedora and CentOS
- Virtualization - VM Ware Player, Workstation, ESXi
- Using and creating Domain Controllers and Active Directory
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 and SMTP connectors
- Windows and Linux backup and recovery
- Working knowledge of STOP OS™
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Anti-Virus engines: Symantec, McAfee, and Sophos
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.