- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- 4+ years experience in Linux support engineering, operations, maintenance, and process improvement and automation
- Position Location: Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA
- This position requires that the candidate possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Would you like to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
You will be working with the S3 Engineering team, responsible for maintaining and improving our government customer’s cloud storage solutions by reacting to operational incidents while also delivering new and exciting S3 features.
We’re looking for technology leaders for the largest storage service on the internet. This position is perfect for you if you’re interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers can be as hands-off as possible. We want our service to be as autonomous as possible and that can only be done by having bright individuals who understand how to think big, simplify solutions to complex, never before seen problems; all while ensuring that the customer continues to have the best experience possible.
You should be an engineer who is focused on operational excellence and troubleshooting complex system operations. You should also have a good understanding of Linux, networking and general knowledge of cloud services. As always, at Amazon you should have a drive to create the best customer experience possible, with the customers being both AWS customers and the other engineers at AWS who will benefit from your collaborative contributions to ongoing operations and improving our support to our service.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have an understanding of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS.
- Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals
- Experience operating parallel, distributed systems at scale
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Want to learn more?
You can reach out to Aria Straus (email@example.com) with any questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.