discover your purpose...
Promote a sales culture by motivating & inspiring others to achieve individual & team goals. Manage Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour. Provide leadership by analyzing Week-to-Date, Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date sales & develops action plans to drive top line sales. Manage payroll budgets and P&L to ensure store's contribution is on target. Ensure the individual & collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, building a strong People-First culture. Prepare for future growth by identifying on-going personnel needs, actively recruiting & hiring top talent. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistent compliance.
who we are...
- Our mission is to offer choice in products & services, build community through connections with clients & collaborators & focus on honest business practices in everything we do, from supply chain transparency to sustainability.
who you are...
- Passionate about "owning your business" & always empowered to make decisions that best support business needs
- Aligned with the business at all times & in tune with our product assortment in order to make selections
- Results-oriented leader, who has an excellent ability to motivate & influence others through actions & examples
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
- Risk-taker who is not afraid to go above & beyond to exceed a customers' expectations in order to close a sale
- Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
- Loves to utilize critical-thinking in managing processes, routines & best practices to limit company exposure & loss
at west elm, you will...
- Function as a Shopkeeper of your own retail store, by engaging with the local community both in-store & via social media, driving sales traffic & selecting product assortment aligned with your specific customer needs
- Communicate regularly with your District Manager regarding inventory levels, markdowns, trends, best sellers & merchandising needs
- Ensure the sales floor is adequately staffed from a sales & tactical perspective, providing world-class service
- Analyze business trends & create, implement & communicate weekly plans to all associates
- Develop Assistant Managers' sales-management skills including performing hourly reads, analyzing Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour & effectively increase staff productivity by team-selling & coaching in the moment
- Ensure outreach & clientele programs are developed & consistently managed
- Assess & manage personnel needs on an on-going basis & prepare for future growth by proactively recruiting top talent at all levels
- Implement & manage ongoing programs to ensure staff is trained in product knowledge & operational systems
- Identify future leaders & mentor them by creating action plans to improve skill sets & manage scope of job responsibilities
- Manage & assess performance through consistent feedback, coaching & creating developmental plans & performance appraisals
- Create & ensure a positive environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
- Ensure brand merchandising standards are maintained & that store is consistently replenished & organized
- Ensure seasonal floor set implementation & seasonal merchandise updates are completed in a timely manner, through effective planning & business partnerships
- Ensure markdowns are taken & necessary product moves/signage are completed within prescribed timeframes
- Establish & maintain a safe work environment & ensures ongoing training & awareness
- Ensure all company policies & procedures are consistently followed by Williams-Sonoma Inc. associates, vendors & suppliers
- Manage & control payroll, supply levels, courier costs, cash control & correct billing/coding
- Ensure timely resolution of client service issues including delivery/pick-up & outstanding issues through effective use & management of client information reporting system
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
what we're looking for...
- 4+ years as a retail store manager and/or multi-unit supervisor
- Proven ability to manage staff to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets
- Excellent ability to identify top talent, create teams & train, develop & retain great people
- Superior critical thinking skills to creatively identify challenges & develop action plans in a timely manner
- Great time management skills & ability to execute multiple tasks & appropriately manage competing priorities
- Strong communication skills & ability to organize & lead a team to achieve sales goals
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity & allocate time to execute multiple tasks & changing priorities
- Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, inclusive of three Saturdays & two Sundays per month, in addition to annual inventory & entire holiday season (November through January)
- Must be able to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
- This role may require occasional overnight travel to support the needs of the business
bring your resume to life...
- Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, cover letter & any additional materials that will give us a peek into what would make you a strong leader on our team.
Empoyment/promotion into this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.