NEDC is looking for a talented Carpenter to join our team!
Our carpenters work as part of a Project Manager/Carpenter/Trade Subcontractor team. This team is responsible for execution of mid to high end residential remodeling projects. While much of the work of the project is subcontracted, the carpenter acts to fill in the gaps and provide the high-quality finish carpentry work that NEDC is known for. The company's goal is for a Carpenter to eventually grow into a Project Manager, progressively taking on more responsibility for each project as their skill set grows.
Carpenter Responsibilities and Duties
1. Read and interpret plans and specifications
2. Perform all carpentry labor as needed, frame to finish.
3. Order, inspect and verify deliveries for accuracy in quantity and measurement.
4. Evaluate alternate methods of construction for cost efficiency and quality. Provide and recommend solutions to any job challenges.
5. Perform any tasks assigned per the job schedule to keep things on or ahead of schedule without sacrificing quality.
6. Through high quality work and excellent customer service, obtains high client satisfaction survey ratings and creates raving fans who refer NEDC to new, potential clients.
1. Experience in residential remodeling and new construction as a skilled carpenter.
2. Able to recognize and resolve problems by making quick, accurate decisions.
3. Maintains a high degree of integrity to get the job done right.
4. Gets along well with clients, fellow employees and sub-contractors. Able to work well as part of a team with good communication skills. Friendly, upbeat and organized.
5. Seeks faster and better ways to perform work, eliminate waste, save time, and improve efficiency, while maintaining excellent quality and a friendly relationship with the client.
A valid driver's license and car are both required for this position. A clean driving record is preferred.This is a full time job position.This job is based out of Boston but is performed within Boston and it's suburbs, typically within the 95 Corridor. We reserve the right to drug test.
NEDC is a collaboration of bright, passionate and creative individuals who firmly believe that well-designed and constructed spaces can lift the human spirit. Our typical projects include mid to high-end major kitchen remodels, kitchen additions, second-story additions, and whole home remodels. Our focus on design and our commitment to client satisfaction has set us apart in this market. As we grow, we want to create a rewarding environment and upbeat culture where the entire team is focused on delivering the best possible design for the client's needs, with expert execution to create a renovation that improves the quality of life for our clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour