SEES Group is a regional medical specialty practice in Ophthalmology is looking for a Medical Office Administrator to oversee clinical operations in our VisionAmerica of Birmingham Center.
The Medical Office Administrator is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the practice. Provides management and staff leadership via direct coaching and supervision of Center managers, staff, and external sales representatives. This is a great opportunity for a high-potential candidate with solid experience in overseeing operations of a medical practice on a local or regional level to join us as we grow our practice. Candidates with Ophthalmology experience are preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following:
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and goals
- Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the board of directors
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers and staff
- Ensure adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines
- Analyze financial and non-financial reports to understand the organization’s position and opportunities for improvement and/or growth
- Look for strategic opportunities to grow the practice; including establishing satellite locations and offices to increase our ability to serve patients in surrounding communities
- Maintain relationships with external business associates, including vendors, insurance carriers, and referring physicians
- Oversee Center operations and staffing assignments to ensure operations run as desired
- Direct marketing, sales, & networking efforts for the Center
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, staff and company information
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administrator or related field is preferred; equivalent education and/or experience in job related activities will be considered. Applicants must have previous experience in managing a healthcare practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven success in managing a healthcare practice
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of financial and performance statements (e.g. income statements, payroll reports, practice management dashboards)
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to influence and gain support from teammates outside of the direct reporting relationship, including doctors
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fluid and often ambiguous environment
- An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills, including the ability to manage, motivate, and mentor outside sales representatives
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Must be willing to work some evenings
We offer a robust benefit package that includes: Paid time off, paid holidays, group medical/dental/vision, group life insurance and voluntary products, and 401(k) Plan with Employer match.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare Management: 3 years (Required)