LOCAL CELL SITES – LOCAL HIRES
- Local Hires. Anticipate round trip residence to job sites each workday.
HOURS and TRAVEL
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (shift work, night work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed.
- 24/7 On Call may occasionally be required.
- If required, Technicians must be flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time for disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc.
PHONE and VEHICLE
- Must have Smart Phone with Air Card/Hot Spot
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a registered, reliable vehicle.
- Will transport equipment. A vehicle with appropriate carrying capacity will be needed.
- Some Markets may require vehicle with 4-wheel drive.
- Must be able to drive long distances on and off road.
- Demonstrate proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for CDMA and iDEN, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
- Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
- Perform Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs.
- Perform Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements.
- Interpret the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
- Able to trouble shoot AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
- Demonstrate Basic Microwave principles.
- Demonstrate proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
- Serve as a technical reference point for other functions.
- Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position.
- Previous experience working wireless networking system.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
- The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- First Aid and CPR certified; renewable every 3 years.
- Intermediate to Expert computer skills. Ability to utilize multiple applications, draft emails, manipulate Word and Excel. Laptop savvy.
- Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience totaling up to 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. NO C2Cs.
Job Type: Full-time