UNFI has been deemed critical business/essential personnel and will remain open despite COVID-19
Offering $1,000 Sign-On Bonus paid out in two increments; 90 days and 6 months.
UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers
We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
· Eligible for comprehensive benefits and 401k
· Growth and professional development opportunities.
· We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
· Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
· Full-time; 4 day 10 hour shift schedule
· Work Hours: 11:00am - 9:30pm (Sunday required)
· Starting wage $15.00 up to $22.50 with incentive program
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Identify the pick locations and safely pick the items.
· Inspects assigned equipment for safety issues.
· Identifies the correct pick location, Master Case locations, and pick sequence in accordance to the order.
· Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions.
· Places pick labels on the side of the cases.
· Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
· Stages pallets in appropriate bay, and builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
· Immediately informs a supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats, any violation of company policy, keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
· Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner.
· High School Diploma/GED.
· Understanding of Safety guidelines.
· Warehouse/Operations and understanding of WMS preferred but not required.
· Ability to select at established minimum rate for department.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
· Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes
· Lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 60 lbs. consistently.
· Occasionally pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $22.50 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
UNFI is taking social distancing practices seriously, in addition to asking our workforce and prospective employees to wear face masks.
- Electric Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- Voice Picking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma