The mission of the New York City Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in New York City by working in partnership with the community to enforce the law, preserve peace, protect the people, reduce fear, and maintain order. The NYPD strives to foster a safe and fair city by incorporating Neighborhood Policing into all facets of Department operations, and solve the problems that create crime and disorder through an interdependent relationship between the people and its police, and by pioneering strategic innovation.
The New York City Police Department, Human Resources Division seeks a candidate for the position of Administrative Staff Analyst.
The Administrative Staff Analyst will provide a full range of human resources (HR) support and program implementation activities across multiple functions. May oversee the implementation of organizational change, workforce planning, employee engagement and employee relations strategies and policies. Will ensure HR programs are implemented based on business-specific priorities as directed.
The selected candidates’ responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, some of the following:
- Provide subject matter and interpretive expertise to all levels within hiring units on personnel policies and procedures. Acting as a resource to help others strategically navigate HR processes
in recruitment, managing/operating within the Civil Service system, and reviewing requests for all Department title and salary changes
- Continuously analyze existing Agency policies and procedures to determine whether desired outcomes are being achieved and make recommendations as necessary to make improvements
- Assist in creating standard operating procedures and best practice manuals
- Develop and implement metrics to support HR staff at all levels, ensuring data integrity while processing and reporting of HR data
- Supervise and train staff on various aspects of HR, including but not limited to, citywide automated systems (NYCAPS, PMS, CHRMS, etc.), recruitment, job posting, hiring (list and non-list),
leaves of absence, separations, etc.
- Vet resumes of applicants from eHire and forwards the qualified candidates to hiring units for consideration. Participate in structured interviews of candidate as required
- Prepare Managerial Position Description and create detailed organizational charts
- Supervise staff that handle civil service hiring pools to ensure compliance with all civil service rules and regulations. Ensure the accurate and timely disposition of civil service certifications
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
- Working knowledge of the City of New York’s automated systems including LRS, CityTime, CHRMS, PMS, PRISE, and NYCAPS.
- Understanding of the City of New York’s Rules, Regulations and Policies relating to New York State Civil Service Law.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of structured interview practices and EEO guidelines
CURRENT NYC EMPLOYEES SELECTED MAY RECEIVE AN INCREASE OF UP TO 8% ABOVE THEIR CURRENT SALARY.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CANDIDATES WHO ARE PERMANENT IN THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ANALYST TITLE OR THOSE WHO APPEAR ON THE CIVIL SERVICE LIST. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are already permanent in the title or appear on the civil service list.
This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a program.
In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please Click on "Apply Now"
1 Police Plaza, N.Y.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.