Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
This is a full-time, term-limited position for an estimated three year assignment with the possibility of extension.
The American Red Cross is searching for a self-motivated and independent Software and Integration Engineer to support the Biomedical Integrated Systems modernization efforts. This is a multi-year initiative focusing on large-scale software implementation projects. The engineer will design and develop, document requirements, build interfaces and designs for integrated SaaS and data warehouse systems. The individual will develop and maintain software code and integrate software components into a fully functional software system through the development of software verification plans, test procedures and test environments and executing the test procedures to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Create complex integrations between systems using Web APIs for serverless architecture as Azure Functions or Amazon Web Services Lambda
- Formulate and define specifications for integrations with complex software systems applications.
- Modify/maintain complex existing applications using engineering
releases and utilities from the Vendor.
- Design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of interfaces.
- Diagnose, isolate and de-bug software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Work effectively both independently and remotely while remaining an integral part of a project team.
4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Minimum 3 to years of software development experience required
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Software Experience: REST API, JSON, Azure (Functions, Events, Apps), Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Gateway), MS SQL Server, Jira
- Any additional design and development experience with software applications using HTML 5 (Bootstrap framework); Angular2+, Docker, XML; CSS; JQuery; Rest Services; Spring; Hibernate will be considered.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
Summary of Rights