For immediate consideration, apply online at https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=13360 OR text "MEDIACOM" to 97211!
Inspects and audits all CATV equipment in assigned areas in support of the system quality, integrity and accountability. Review company records and equipment to determine the possibility of illegal activity. Collect equipment and unpaid balances from customers. Investigate leads involving illegal activities related to cable service.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Compare subscriber services, and tag numbers to company record and returned units to verify accurate data.
- Identify discrepancies between company records, actual installs and physical equipment. Determine the legitimacy of each and identify altered or unauthorized equipment.
- Installs traps and security equipment on subscriber drops and terminate all unused tap ports and locks pedestals.
- Compiles accurate data in regards to homes passed.
- Coordinate with company technicians and law enforcement agencies to locate and secure unauthorized converters.
- Identifies, reports and corrects unmarked or mismarked cable drops.
- Climb poles, ladders and other structures; lifts and carries loads up to 70 pounds.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Maintains accurate inventory of vehicle stock.
- Keeps accurate records of how time spent and commission sheets.
- Responsible for tracking and assisting in prosecution of unauthorized connections.
- Collects evidence in accordance with local, state and federal laws and other activity related to unauthorized connections.
- Ensures accurate reporting of all unauthorized connections.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
- Identifies and disconnects illegal drops, terminates tap and locks pedestal.
- Identifies, reports and repairs (when possible) cosmetic system flaws, i.e., damaged pedestals, unburied cable, bad fittings, etc
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year CATV installation background.
- Ability to communicate effectively with subscribers to promote retention and payment of services as appropriate.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work alone without supervision.
- Must be willing to travel.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma