The Email Operations Manager is responsible for managing email platform configuration and automated email projects (automated trigger development, etc.). The ideal candidate must be an email expert with a passion for new technology, a strong hands-on experience in day-to-day email execution, excellent project management skills, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams and vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall administration of email marketing automation systems, designing and implementing email trigger and nurture programs, evaluating effectiveness of the programs, and ensuring smooth integration across platforms.
- Work closely with analytics teams to produce complete end-to-end views of nurturing and segmentation effectiveness. Using this information, inform segmentation and frequency strategies for automated trigger series.
- Project manage email development projects from defining functional and technical requirements, building test cases, managing project workflow with internal/external team to deliver project on time, and monitoring post-launch program effectiveness.
- Responsible for leveraging email marketing reporting to derive insights and inform strategies to improve program effectiveness.
- Subject matter expert on all data and systems related to email in order to drive smooth execution as well as develop and enhance systems for future growth
- Understand all systems housing email data from worldmarket.com, CRM database, email service provider, internal reporting systems
- Support the loyalty program in how this data is leveraged for the email channel
- Develop segmentation guidelines for trigger campaigns based on audience analysis, customer's behavior, offer forecast, past campaigns performance, etc.
- Communicate results and provide/implement improvement recommendations.
- Optimize trigger campaign performance through email testing: plan and coordinate tests, collaborate with analytics team on test results, share insights and next steps with teams
- Monitor industry best practices. Integrate best practices to ensure optimal email results, improved deliverability, and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy and spam regulation (CAN/SPAM)
- Minimum 5 years of email marketing experience, retail experience preferable.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of email marketing and systems
- Deep knowledge of major ESP platforms: Oracle Responsys (preferred), Salesforce ExactTarget, etc.
- Experience with dynamic content and responsive templates
- Prior experience with DMP and marketing automation tools a plus
- Experience in API based trigger strategy, then partnering with dev team to implement
- Sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to be conversant with development teams.
- Some SQL experience preferred, though not required.
- Excellent project management skills along with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking to projects and the organization's opportunities, and able to work with various teams: creative, IT, analytics, etc.
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Power Point. Tableau a plus
- BA or BS Degree required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled