Title: Maintenance Worker
FLSA: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Greater Boston, Bristol County
Summary of Responsibilities: The Maintenance Worker performs a variety of duties to ensure the cleanliness, safety and good operation of the property for the benefit of its residents. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, cleaning, painting, lawn care, snow removal, light carpentry, light plumbing and other preventative maintenance on the facility and its grounds. The Maintenance Worker is responsible for ensuring that the buildings physical plant and grounds are safe and attractive, are managed effectively and efficiently, and that all work is undertaken according to the regulations under which building is licensed to operate.
- Demonstrates a positive, professional and residents-first attitude with coworkers, vendors, contractors, sub-contractors and the public.
- Willingly works as a team member and collaborates with co-workers.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize assignments and respect residents’ and co-workers’ needs.
- Committed to accuracy, thoroughness and careful attention to detail.
- Safety conscious; aware of and respectful of compliance requirements in a highly regulated environment.
- Able to perform light to heavy physical labor, including lifting, bending, kneeling, climbing (ladders), reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling. Requires ability to lift 50+ pounds frequently.
- Able to be on-call for occasional off-hours situations, including snow removal. Able and willing to work hours outside of scheduled shifts as required by special projects or unusual situations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and able to pass a criminal background check.
- Perform maintenance duties which include, but are not limited to, heavy cleaning, painting, snow removal, carpentry, plumbing repairs, other regular and preventative maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Regularly clean public areas, including restrooms, vinyl floors and carpet, maintaining them to the highest standards.
- Empty trash and ensure that dumpster contents are secure from pests. Regularly sweep entrances and parking lot and remove rubbish and debris from grounds.
- Mow lawn, weed beds, remove snow and ice and otherwise manage property as seasonal change may demand.
- Perform planned and ongoing preventive maintenance for equipment and residences to prolong life and prevent shutdowns.
- Perform routine painting and repairing of walls, furniture, cabinets, and windows.
- Manage inventory of door locks and keys to ensure access to all spaces as required.
- Maintain cleanliness and good operation of maintenance areas, including basement and garage.
- Undertake requested repairs and improvements on a timely basis.
- Learn/know/observe all regulations which govern the property’s license. Employ all required safety precautions and fire safety procedures. Understand emergency action plans and use of fire control/alarm systems and extinguishers in order to assist residents and co-workers in case of emergency.
- Communicate all findings and recommendations timely to the Director or her designee.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standing: 34% to 66% of the time
Walking: 34%to 66% of the time
Balancing: 34% to 66% of the time
Stooping: 34% to 66% of the time
Kneeling: 34% to 66% of the time
Crouching: 34% to 66% of the time
Reaching/working overhead: 34% to 66% of the time
Climbing: 34% to 66% of the time
Pushing: 34% to 66% of the time 20-75 pounds
Pulling: 34% to 66% of the time 20-75 pounds
Lifting/carrying: 34% to 66% of the time 20-75 pounds
Interested applicants can send resume, cover letter and salary requirements by one of the following options:
E-mail: careers rogerson.org or Jobs dcnh.org (Please indicate job title in subject of e-mail)
Fax: 617-469-5861 c/o HR Department
Mail: HR Department- Rogerson Communities
1 Florence Street
Boston, MA 02131
Rogerson Communities provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Rogerson Communities offers a comfortable working environment along with competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off and other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)